Learning Through Play
Values of Play
- Play has a unique meaning for each individual child.
- All children have the extraordinary ability to learn new skills, develop their unique strengths, gain autonomy, enhance their critical and creative thinking, and reach their full potential.
- Play is the vehicle for learning about the world and the environment around them. Play is the way in which children take part in their own growth and development; it is the very essence in which they celebrate learning.
- Our playrooms and curriculum is based on Leaning Through Play. Our environment is set up in Play Centres for children to move freely through and engage with others in social interactions with their peers facilitated by our Licenced Early Childhood Educators. We know that if children enjoy and participate in their learning, they become lifelong learners.
- The Play Centres
Resources on the Importance of Play
- The Importance of Play in Promoting Healthy Child Development and Maintaining Strong Parent-Child Bonds
- 14 Play Values by Vince Gowmon CPCC, BBA