Holiday Weekend Hours - Jul 31-Aug 2
Mon-Fri: 7:00am - 7:00pm*
Sat-Sun: 10:00am - 5:30pm*
*Hours are subject to change without notice.
Book your workout at vanrec.ca.
Fitness times available for booking (up to 3 days in advance):
Please note: If you arrive after the start of your reserved session and it is otherwise fully booked, you are considered a no-show and your spot will be made available for drop-in. If you arrive late and the session is not fully booked, please see the Community Centre staff and follow their instructions.
For more information on fitness centres in Vancouver, click here.
Accessing the Fitness Centre
- If you arrive after the start of your reserved session and it is otherwise fully booked, you are considered a no-show and your spot will be made available for drop-in. If you arrive late and the session is not fully booked, please see the Community Centre staff and follow their instructions.
- Individuals booking tickets online with Leisure Access will need to bring their Park Board OneCard which will be scanned to validate if you are currently enrolled in the Leisure Access program. If you do not have a OneCard and/or are not enrolled in the Leisure Access program you will be requested to pay the appropriate admission fee.
- Participants should assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
- Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, should not attend a program or access the Community Centre.
- The use of masks is recommended indoors for people 12 years of age and older and who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- Staff, program participants, and the public may wish to continue wearing a mask for some time – please respect this choice and be aware of others’ personal space.
- Registration and payment is required for most programs to help reduce the capacity to allow for physical distancing. Limited drop-ins may be permitted.
- Participants are encouraged to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your program time. Patrons may be required to line up prior to entering the facility.
- If a participant, instructor or staff member is unsure if they should self-isolate due to illness they should contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit. They can also be advised to contact a family physician or nurse practitioner to be assessed for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
- All participants are encouraged to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette by covering coughs or sneezes.
- Drop-in for the pool and fitness centre will be limited to 20% of our capacity. Only registered or approved drop-in participants may enter our facilities. We accept cash, credit or debit for drop-in payment.
- Our facilities will not be open for general socializing/congregating at this time. You will be asked to leave the building once your program or appointment has ended.
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle. Water fountains are not available.
- Please leave the Fitness Centre immediately at the end of your reserved session to allow the Fitness staff to clean the high-touch points and equipment.
- Clean as you go: Each patron will be provided with the tools to clean all equipment before and after use. Please be respectful and limit your use of any equipment to 20 minutes if others are waiting.
- Limited portable fitness equipment will be available. Patrons can bring their own portable fitness equipment (limited to small equipment – I.e. ankle straps, skipping ropes, weightlifting belts, bands, etc.) – please consult with Fitness staff prior to bringing in your own equipment.
Note: Some links below open up as pages on the City of Vancouver web site under Parks, Recreation and Culture: