Note for all facilities: As of September 7, online registration for facility sessions will not be required. Patrons may drop in on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information on fitness centres in Vancouver, click here.
- Proof of vaccination will be required in our Fitness Centre for people 12 years and older starting on September 13, 2021. For more information, click here.
- Participants should assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
- Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, should not attend a program or access the Community Centre.
- The use of masks is required indoors for people 5 years of age and older in common areas of Britannia facilities when not engaged in physical activity, regardless of vaccination status.
- If a participant, instructor or staff member is unsure if they should self-isolate due to illness they should contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit. They can also be advised to contact a family physician or nurse practitioner to be assessed for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
- All participants are encouraged to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette by covering coughs or sneezes.
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle. Water fountains are not available.
- Clean as you go: Each patron will be provided with the tools to clean all equipment before and after use. Please be respectful and limit your use of any equipment to 20 minutes if others are waiting.
- Limited portable fitness equipment will be available. Patrons can bring their own portable fitness equipment (limited to small equipment – I.e. ankle straps, skipping ropes, weightlifting belts, bands, etc.) – please consult with Fitness staff prior to bringing in your own equipment.
Note: Some links below open up as pages on the City of Vancouver web site under Parks, Recreation and Culture: