Britannia Events Calendar
You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
Current Facility Schedule
Orange Shirt Day
Wear your orange shirt on September 30 and join us as we honour survivors of residential schools and their families on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Every child matters.
Britannia's Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression Committee sent out a community call this summer to put together a list of readings, films, resources and other materials for non-Indigenous community members to use to learn about residential schools and reconciliation.
Please explore and share these resources on your journey to reconciliation:
- 21 Things You May Not Know About the Indian Act
- Five Little Indians by Michelle Good
- A Fire Burns Within, Teachings from Ceremony and Culture by Sharon L Acoose
- Seven Fallen Feathers, Racism Death, and Hard Truths in Northern City by Tanya Talaga
- Unsettling Spirit, A Journey into Decolonization by Denise M Nadeau
Readings for Children + Youth (+ everyone!):
- The Orange Shirt Story by Phyllis Webstad (6 to 9 years)
- When We Were Alone by David A Robertson (4 to 8 years)
- My Name is Seepeetza by Shirley Sterling (9 to 12 years)
- I am Not A Number by Jenny Kay Dupuis (7 to 11 years)
- When We Play Our Drums, They Sing! By Monique Gray Smith & Richard Van Camp (9 - 13 years)
- Sep 3, 2022 11:00 am - Sep 3, 2022 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Courtyard
- Sep 3, 2022 12:00 pm - Sep 3, 2022 4:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Sep 3, 2022 12:00 pm - Sep 3, 2022 4:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Sep 7, 2022 3:00 pm - Sep 7, 2022 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Sep 10, 2022 12:00 pm - Sep 10, 2022 4:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Sep 10, 2022 1:00 pm - Sep 10, 2022 3:00 pmLocation: Rink Plaza