Britannia Events Calendar
You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
Current Facility Schedule
Oct 17 - Pool, Rink & Fitness Centre Facility Schedules
Orange Shirt Day
Wear your orange shirt on September 30 and join us as we honour survivors of residential schools and their families on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Every child matters.
Britannia's Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression Committee sent out a community call this summer to put together a list of readings, films, resources and other materials for non-Indigenous community members to use to learn about residential schools and reconciliation.
Please explore and share these resources on your journey to reconciliation:
- 21 Things You May Not Know About the Indian Act
- Five Little Indians by Michelle Good
- A Fire Burns Within, Teachings from Ceremony and Culture by Sharon L Acoose
- Seven Fallen Feathers, Racism Death, and Hard Truths in Northern City by Tanya Talaga
- Unsettling Spirit, A Journey into Decolonization by Denise M Nadeau
Readings for Children + Youth (+ everyone!):
- The Orange Shirt Story by Phyllis Webstad (6 to 9 years)
- When We Were Alone by David A Robertson (4 to 8 years)
- My Name is Seepeetza by Shirley Sterling (9 to 12 years)
- I am Not A Number by Jenny Kay Dupuis (7 to 11 years)
- When We Play Our Drums, They Sing! By Monique Gray Smith & Richard Van Camp (9 - 13 years)
- Jun 4, 2023 6:00 pm - Jun 4, 2023 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreEveryone is welcome to attend our movie series Sunday evenings in the 55+ Centre.
- Jun 8, 2023 12:00 pm - Jun 8, 2023 3:00 pmLocation: Carving Pavilion
- Jun 11, 2023 1:00 pm - Jun 11, 2023 4:00 pmLocation: Carving Pavilion
- Jun 11, 2023 6:00 pm - Jun 11, 2023 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreEveryone is welcome to attend our movie series Sunday evenings in the 55+ Centre.
- Jun 15, 2023 12:00 pm - Jun 15, 2023 3:00 pmLocation: Carving Pavilion
- Jun 16, 2023 7:00 pm - Jun 16, 2023 10:00 pmLocation: Gym D