Shine: Intercultural Spring Market
March 20, 2022 from 11am-3pm in the Carving Centre
The Spring Equinox is a returning of light, a shift from winter to spring. We invite you to celebrate with us and share our stories with each other through music, art, dance, food and togetherness. Bring your instruments for a chance to play. Get ready to sing, dance, and clap!
RSVP to the Facebook event here.
- Kat Norris (MC)
- Love Medicine
- Niitsitapi Pow Wow Dance Group
- Grupo de Danzas Prehispanicas, Casa Meshiko Vancouver
- Solidarity Notes Choir
- Cacatúa Entertainment for Little Ones
- Sacha Levin (Percussionist)
- Carla Gómez (Contemporary Dancer)
- Jesen Jzshionrah (Artist/Rapper/Singer/Songwriter from Piikani Nation in Southern Alberta)
- iizzy (Coast Salish/Latino Hip Hop Artist)
- Ana Santos (Singer/Songwriter)
- UBC Rueda Club
- Israel Toto Berriel (Afro-Cuban Percussionist)
- DJ Kubanito
- Henny Lucas (Musician)
And many more artists TBA!
The Carving Centre is located in the Britannia Community Centre parking lot at 1001 Cotton Drive.
Britannia is located on the unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, and we hold the heritage of these lands close in our everyday work. We aim to embrace Indigenous values and practices and are committed to reflecting Indigenous protocols, beliefs, and ways of being in our work. We thank those who came before us and who have guided our learning.