Proof of Vaccination Mandate
The BC Vaccine Card is a one-page PDF with your name, confirmed vaccination status and a QR code. You can download a digital copy to your phone, print a paper copy, or order a copy over the phone (more details below).
According to the PHO, BC Vaccine Cards required for the following activities and facilities at Britannia:
- Indoor ticketed sporting events with more than 50 people
- Use of the Fitness Centre (for people 12 years or older)
- Indoor adult group and team sports
- Indoor gatherings of people for exercise, fitness, rink or dance programs
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities with more than 50 people (like pottery, art and choir)
- Indoor organized events with 50 or more people
- For example: workshops, craft markets, and community events
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for the following facilities and activities:
- Children under 12 years of age do not need to provide proof of vaccination for any facilities or programs.
- Swimming pools when not used for adult sport
- Indoor youth-only programs for participants 21 years old or younger are exempt.
- Showers, washrooms, water fountains, warming/cooling centres, and food security programs are all essential services and exempt.
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery, art and choir if less that 50 people.
- Parents/Guardians who are accompanying their children accessing Youth and Children activities, programs and services will not be required to show Proof of Vaccination and Government Photo ID. Parents are exempt when participating in Parent and Tot programs.
- Before and after school programs for K to 12 students.
- Student events and activities in K to 12 public and independent schools.
- Indoor organized events with less than 50 people, except adult sports.
- Outside events.
- Immunization clinics.
For the full list of indoor public settings covered by the PHO and exemptions, click here.
To get your BC Vaccine Card, you'll need to register for Health Gateway, the platform B.C. residents can use to access their health records online. You’ll need your Personal Health Number, date of birth, and the date you got your first or second dose. Once you're logged in to the gateway, you can find your COVID-19 immunization records and save a digital copy of your card to your phone or tablet, or print a paper copy and keep it with you. If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone, order a copy over the phone by calling 1-833-838-2323. Have your BC Vaccine Card ready when dropping into the Fitness Centre or for your in-person fitness, sport, or dance program.