Britannia would like to assist those who are not able to afford the advertised cost of certain recreation programs; at the same time, our operation needs to be financially viable. Click here for our Subsidy Policy.
Britannia Events Calendar
You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
Current Facility Schedule
Oct 17 - Pool, Rink & Fitness Centre Facility Schedules
Garden Godsai with Weeds
Apr 23, 2023 1:00 pm - Apr 23, 2023 4:00 pm
Location: Transformed Life Garden
Join local artist Helen Spaxman in the garden to turn weeds into art! We will be using invasive species such as English Ivy, which was removed from our native plant garden šxʷqʷeləwən ct (One Heart, One Mind) and morning glory weeded from our school & community veggie garden Nexways Wa lh7aynexw (Transformed Life).
Helen will guide the group in how to split and weave the vines into spiral garden godsai pieces, and add some splashes of colour to brighten them up. Finished godsai décor c an be taken home, or used to decorate Britannia’s gardens. Connect with the land, reduce waste, and get creativ e with us! We will meet in the Nexways Wa lh7aynexw (Transformed Life) garden between Streetfront and the Courts Skate Park and work outside. In the case of heavy rain, we will move inside. All skill levels welcome!
- May 3, 2023 12:00 pm - May 3, 2023 2:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- May 3, 2023 7:15 pm - May 3, 2023 9:50 pmLocation: Gym C
- May 4, 2023 4:00 pm - May 4, 2023 8:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezz
- May 7, 2023 6:00 pm - May 7, 2023 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreEveryone is welcome to attend our movie series Sunday evenings in the 55+ Centre.
- May 10, 2023 7:15 pm - May 10, 2023 9:50 pmLocation: Gym C
- May 12, 2023 - May 12, 2023Location: Trout LakeSave the date!