Britannia Events Calendar
You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
Current Facility Schedule
(as of Apr 19)
Orange Shirt Day
In partnership with the Indian Residential School Survivor Society (IRSSS), the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre (VAFC), and the Vancouver Aboriginal Community Policing Centre (VACPC).
We are gathering with Elders and their families on Orange Shirt Day. We invite you all to join us on this important day to help raise awareness about residential schools and their lasting impact on Indigenous peoples. Every Child Matters. Wear your orange shirt in support. RSVP to the Facebook event here.
9:00am - Assemble at the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre (1607 East Hastings Street)
9:45am - Walk to Grandview Park
10:30am - Ceremony at Grandview Park. Introduction and welcome by Annie Danilko and guest speaker Kat Norris.
11:00am - Nisga'a Elders testimony, followed by activities (lunch, drum circle, crafting and sharing)
A support worker from the IRSSS will be available during the event to provide support to survivors and their families.
Help keep the community safe by social distancing and wearing a mask when necessary.
- May 1, 2022 11:00 am - May 1, 2022 1:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- May 1, 2022 6:00 pm - May 1, 2022 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- May 4, 2022 6:30 pm - May 4, 2022 8:00 pmJoin us in-person at the Britannia Art Gallery from 6:30 - 8:00pm on May 4, 2022 to celebrate the opening of two new exhibitions!
- May 8, 2022 6:00 pm - May 8, 2022 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- May 16, 2022 3:00 pm - May 16, 2022 6:00 pmLocation: Britannia Ice Rink Mezzanine Room
- May 17, 2022 6:30 pm - May 17, 2022 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Boardroom & Zoom (hybrid)The next hybrid Planning and Development Committee Meeting will be on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 from 6:30-8:30pm. You're welcome to join in person in the Information Centre's boardroom, or virtually on Zoom.