Britannia Events Calendar
You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
Current Facility Schedule
Oct 17 - Pool, Rink & Fitness Centre Facility Schedules
Orange Shirt Day
In partnership with the Indian Residential School Survivor Society (IRSSS), the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre (VAFC), and the Vancouver Aboriginal Community Policing Centre (VACPC).
We are gathering with Elders and their families on Orange Shirt Day. We invite you all to join us on this important day to help raise awareness about residential schools and their lasting impact on Indigenous peoples. Every Child Matters. Wear your orange shirt in support. RSVP to the Facebook event here.
9:00am - Assemble at the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre (1607 East Hastings Street)
9:45am - Walk to Grandview Park
10:30am - Ceremony at Grandview Park. Introduction and welcome by Annie Danilko and guest speaker Kat Norris.
11:00am - Nisga'a Elders testimony, followed by activities (lunch, drum circle, crafting and sharing)
A support worker from the IRSSS will be available during the event to provide support to survivors and their families.
Help keep the community safe by social distancing and wearing a mask when necessary.
- Jun 4, 2023 6:00 pm - Jun 4, 2023 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreEveryone is welcome to attend our movie series Sunday evenings in the 55+ Centre.
- Jun 8, 2023 12:00 pm - Jun 8, 2023 3:00 pmLocation: Carving Pavilion
- Jun 11, 2023 1:00 pm - Jun 11, 2023 4:00 pmLocation: Carving Pavilion
- Jun 11, 2023 6:00 pm - Jun 11, 2023 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreEveryone is welcome to attend our movie series Sunday evenings in the 55+ Centre.
- Jun 15, 2023 12:00 pm - Jun 15, 2023 3:00 pmLocation: Carving Pavilion
- Jun 16, 2023 7:00 pm - Jun 16, 2023 10:00 pmLocation: Gym D