Britannia Events Calendar
We are now offering in-person programs. You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
(Effective Sep 25)
What's Up at the Britannia Art Gallery
Due to construction in the library, the Britannia Art Gallery will be closed from September until approximately the end of December 2021.
Orange Shirt Day
In partnership with the Indian Residential School Survivor Society (IRSSS), the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre (VAFC), and the Vancouver Aboriginal Community Policing Centre (VACPC).
We are gathering with Elders and their families on Orange Shirt Day. We invite you all to join us on this important day to help raise awareness about residential schools and their lasting impact on Indigenous peoples. Every Child Matters. Wear your orange shirt in support. RSVP to the Facebook event here.
9:00am - Assemble at the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre (1607 East Hastings Street)
9:45am - Walk to Grandview Park
10:30am - Ceremony at Grandview Park. Introduction and welcome by Annie Danilko and guest speaker Kat Norris.
11:00am - Nisga'a Elders testimony, followed by activities (lunch, drum circle, crafting and sharing)
A support worker from the IRSSS will be available during the event to provide support to survivors and their families.
Help keep the community safe by social distancing and wearing a mask when necessary.
- Oct 1, 2021 3:30 pm - Oct 1, 2021 8:00 pmLocation: Gym D
- Oct 2, 2021 12:00 pm - Oct 2, 2021 6:00 pmLocation: Britannia Gravel Field
- Oct 3, 2021 12:00 pm - Oct 3, 2021 6:00 pmLocation: Britannia Gravel Field
- Oct 3, 2021 6:00 pm - Oct 3, 2021 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- Oct 6, 2021 4:00 pm - Oct 6, 2021 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia B-Lab, Information CentreCome by the B-Lab at the Britannia Information Centre anytime between 4:00 to 7:00pm to learn about what we’ve been hearing from community members and partners in conversations to date.
- Oct 7, 2021 3:00 pm - Oct 7, 2021 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza