Britannia Events Calendar
We are now offering in-person programs. You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
(Effective Jul 12-Aug 8, 2021)
What's Up at the Britannia Art Gallery
Growth Cycles: Observing Weeds & Wild Plants
by Dorothy Doherty
May 28 - Aug 29, 2021
8th Annual Winter Solstice Coffee House
Embrace the cool, frosty days, and welcome the new season with a cozy community evening of local live music, and sweet community connections. Come, let's be together while we are apart.
“In the midst of winter I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”
Hope springs eternal.
live music // local performers // free // all ages
:: performers ::
Starr Muranko, land acknowledgment & Solstice blessing
Johanna Hauser, clarinet
Wayne Stewart, piano
Q Choir, sing-a-long - Printable Song Lyrics
:: host ::
Topic: Winter Solstice Coffeehouse 2020
Time: Dec 20, 2020 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 978 3390 2478
Local number for dialing in by phone: 778-907-2071Enter Meeting ID# when prompted.
Britannia is located on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, and we hold the heritage of these lands close in our everyday work. We aim to embrace Indigenous values and practices and are committed to reflecting Indigenous protocols, beliefs, and ways of being in our work. We thank those who came before us and who have guided our learning.
- Aug 5, 2021 3:00 pm - Aug 5, 2021 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 7, 2021 12:00 pm - Aug 7, 2021 4:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 12, 2021 3:00 pm - Aug 12, 2021 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 14, 2021 12:00 pm - Aug 14, 2021 4:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 19, 2021 3:00 pm - Aug 19, 2021 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 21, 2021 9:00 am - Aug 21, 2021 12:00 pmLocation: Northwest corner of Parking Lot