Britannia Events Calendar
We are now offering in-person programs. You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
(Effective Sep 25)
What's Up at the Britannia Art Gallery
Due to construction in the library, the Britannia Art Gallery will be closed from September until approximately the end of December 2021.
Create Augmented Reality - Youth Workshop
AR involves visual technology that adds to the real-world environment. Think about some popular games like Pokémon Go, or Ingress.
Curious to learn more about Augmented Reality? Check out this video from the facilitators at IM4
Are you curious to learn about augmented reality, and how you can create your own AR avatar?Sign up for this youth workshop where students will get an introduction to augmented reality and learn the basics on how to create AR using Unity Game Engine. This workshop will include a step-by-step process for students to follow along with online interaction with the instructor. Students will also receive a mentoring segment by the IM4 Matriarchs sharing their experience creating an immersive AR project and pursing a career in digital media/tech field. No coding or AR experience required. AR workshop with instructor Dallas Flett-Wapash on March 4th (4pm-6pm) and 6th (1-3pm).
Please have a parent/guardian download Unity software, which is a free application for video game developers recommended by ECUAD, ahead of the workshop.Download Unity Hub version 2019.4.11 or higher. Avoid 2020 versions for this workshop. (https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download [unity3d.com])
Mentoring For and by the Matriarchs Program (IM4-MFBM)
You will be emailed a survey/application form.
Workshop takes place online. If you do not have your own equipment including computer/laptop, webcam and access to Wi-Fi/internet, please contact ; a limited number of spaces are available at Britannia Centre.
REFUND POLICYA full refund will be granted if requested up to 48hrs prior to the second class. No refunds after this time.Pro-rated refunds, based upon the number of classes that have passed, will be provided for classes cancelled after the start date and where instruction has been provided. Anyone who is unable to attend a program due to a change of date or time will be provided with a full refund for that class. Outdoor programs will operate rain or shine unless there is an Environment Canada Weather Warning (ie. heat wave, lightning, etc.).
- Oct 1, 2021 3:30 pm - Oct 1, 2021 8:00 pmLocation: Gym D
- Oct 2, 2021 12:00 pm - Oct 2, 2021 6:00 pmLocation: Britannia Gravel Field
- Oct 3, 2021 12:00 pm - Oct 3, 2021 6:00 pmLocation: Britannia Gravel Field
- Oct 3, 2021 6:00 pm - Oct 3, 2021 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- Oct 6, 2021 4:00 pm - Oct 6, 2021 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia B-Lab, Information CentreCome by the B-Lab at the Britannia Information Centre anytime between 4:00 to 7:00pm to learn about what we’ve been hearing from community members and partners in conversations to date.
- Oct 7, 2021 3:00 pm - Oct 7, 2021 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza