Britannia Events Calendar
We are now offering in-person programs. You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site.
2021 Pool, Rink & Fitness Schedules (Effective May 10, 2021)
What's Up at the Britannia Art Gallery
Growth Cycles: Observing Weeds & Wild Plants
by Dorothy Doherty
May 28 - July 26, 2021
Art Gallery - Artist Workshop
Salmon People Bracelets - with Janey Cheng
Are you a descendant of salmon people? Salmon are kin for the Indigenous People of the rivers and coasts of this land. Salmon were also at the heart of cultures throughout Asia and northern Europe in ages past. Re-awaken your connection to the land and show your love for the salmon by creating a beautiful bracelet out of salmon leather that you tan yourself.
In the morning of this two-part workshop, artist Janey Cheng will discuss methods of skinning and fleshing fish, and lead participants through oil-tanning a salmon skin.
In the afternoon, she will help participants craft their own snap cuff or 'magic braid' bracelet out of their finished skin. All materials provided. Please come on time and bring your lunch!
October exhibition runs Oct 2-Nov 1
"Tools for the Honourable Harvest" Natural materials by EartHand Gleaners Society
- Jun 1, 2021 6:30 pm - Jun 1, 2021 9:00 pmLocation: Zoom
- Jun 11, 2021 10:00 am - Jun 11, 2021 5:00 pmLocation: Gym DThere will be a drop-in vaccination clinic for youth (12-17yrs) on Fri June 11 from 10am-5pm in Gym D.
- Jun 19, 2021 9:00 am - Jun 19, 2021 12:00 pmLocation: Northwest corner of Parking Lot
- Jun 19, 2021 10:00 am - Jun 19, 2021 12:00 pmLocation: Online
- Jun 20, 2021 6:45 pm - Jun 20, 2021 9:00 pmLocation: Zoom
- Jun 22, 2021 2:00 pm - Jun 22, 2021 4:00 pmLocation: Online