Britannia Events Calendar
Starting on August 6, 2020 we're offering in-person outdoor programs. You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site; to view Britannia's program, select 'Britannia Community Centre' in the location section of the search filters. More programs may be posted in early August. Online registration for our outdoor programs opens on August 4, 2020. Phone-in registration opens on August 5, 2020 at 10:00am.
Art Gallery - Artist Workshop
Salmon People Bracelets - with Janey Cheng
Are you a descendant of salmon people? Salmon are kin for the Indigenous People of the rivers and coasts of this land. Salmon were also at the heart of cultures throughout Asia and northern Europe in ages past. Re-awaken your connection to the land and show your love for the salmon by creating a beautiful bracelet out of salmon leather that you tan yourself.
In the morning of this two-part workshop, artist Janey Cheng will discuss methods of skinning and fleshing fish, and lead participants through oil-tanning a salmon skin.
In the afternoon, she will help participants craft their own snap cuff or 'magic braid' bracelet out of their finished skin. All materials provided. Please come on time and bring your lunch!
October exhibition runs Oct 2-Nov 1
"Tools for the Honourable Harvest" Natural materials by EartHand Gleaners Society
- Aug 4, 2020 2:00 pm - Aug 4, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 5, 2020 12:00 pm - Aug 5, 2020 1:00 pmLocation: Zoom
- Aug 6, 2020 2:00 pm - Aug 6, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 7, 2020 3:00 pm - Aug 7, 2020 4:00 pmLocation: Zoom
- Aug 11, 2020 2:00 pm - Aug 11, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 11, 2020 5:30 pm - Aug 11, 2020 6:30 pmLocation: Carving Centre and Zoom