Britannia Events Calendar
Starting on August 6, 2020 we're offering in-person outdoor programs. You can view our programs on the Vancouver Recreation site; to view Britannia's program, select 'Britannia Community Centre' in the location section of the search filters. More programs may be posted in early August. Online registration for our outdoor programs opens on August 4, 2020. Phone-in registration opens on August 5, 2020 at 10:00am.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Gym D, 1661 Napier St
All those who are members of the Society as of 9:00pm On May 8, 2019, are eligible to vote in the election and stand for election.
Please take notice of the Extraordinary Resolution to make bylaw changes here.
The AGM includes:
- Executive and Committee Reports
- Board Elections
- Vote on Extraordinary Resolution
- A light dinner
Childcare will be provided during the AGM. Please register online using Activity #: 210280, or register by phone at 604.718.5800 ext 1. There is a $10 refundable fee to hold a spot. To make use of childcare, parents must attend the Annual General Meeting.
Run for Britannia Board of Management
To serve on the Board, you will have to be elected on May 22nd at Britannia’s Annual General Meeting. In order to vote or run in the election, you need to be a member of the society, and you will need to have joined by 9:00pm on May 8th, 14 days before the AGM. A yearly membership is $3 for an adult, $5 for a family, and $1 for a youth or senior.
If you are interested in considering running for the Board, pick up a Prospective Board Member Information Package at the Info Centre reception desk.
There are two ways to run for election to the Britannia Board of Management:
- Declare Yourself a Candidate in Advance Contact Britannia Community Services Centre at 604.718.5800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Write a brief biography describing who you are, and noting your community interests and their relevant experience. The biography will be available in print to people attending the AGM. Prepare a short speech (two- minute limit) to deliver at the AGM.*
- Declare Yourself a Candidate at the AGM Come the AGM on May 23rd at 6:00pm in Gym D and nominate yourself from from the floor.*
*Make sure that your Membership is current before May 8th, 2019.
For more information, contact Cynthia Low
at 604.718.5815 or email@example.com.
- Aug 4, 2020 2:00 pm - Aug 4, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 5, 2020 12:00 pm - Aug 5, 2020 1:00 pmLocation: Zoom
- Aug 6, 2020 2:00 pm - Aug 6, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 7, 2020 3:00 pm - Aug 7, 2020 4:00 pmLocation: Zoom
- Aug 11, 2020 2:00 pm - Aug 11, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Aug 11, 2020 5:30 pm - Aug 11, 2020 6:30 pmLocation: Carving Centre and Zoom