Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: February
Britannia Teen Centre: February
Spaces & Places Workshop - Arts & Culture
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on arts and culture programs and spaces at Britannia.
· A presentation on exciting examples of different types of arts and culture facilities and spaces that have been incorporated at community centres locally and from around the world.
· Day-in-the-Life exercise where participants are invited to map out the various arts and culture programs and activities that take place at Britannia through the day and night.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following questions:
- What do you LOVE about Britannia’s arts and culture programs and spaces?
- What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s arts and culture programs and spaces?
- What kinds of arts and culture programs and spaces would you
like to SEE and PARTICIPATE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision of arts and culture facilities for Britannia.
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary. After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three favourite ideas.
- Feb 1, 2019 8:00 pm - Feb 1, 2019 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Feb 3, 2019 6:00 pm - Feb 3, 2019 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- Feb 6, 2019 6:30 pm - Feb 6, 2019 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryFebruary Exhibition runs Feb 2-Mar 1
"Artifacts: Exploration of Memory" Assemblage/collage by Bernadine Fox
- Feb 8, 2019 1:00 pm - Feb 8, 2019 2:30 pmLocation: Britannia Preschool
- Feb 9, 2019 1:00 pm - Feb 9, 2019 4:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- Feb 10, 2019 6:00 pm - Feb 10, 2019 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre