Britannia would like to assist those who are not able to afford the advertised cost of certain recreation programs; at the same time, our operation needs to be financially viable. Click here for our Subsidy Policy.
Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Spaces & Places Workshop - Recreation
Jun 17, 2017 12:00 pm - Jun 17, 2017 3:00 pm
Location: Gym D
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on recreation at Britannia.
· A presentati on on exciting examples of different types of recreation facilities and spaces locally and from around the world.
· Mapping exercise where participants are asked to draw a map of
Britannia, and identify what kind of recreational activities take place where at Britannia.
· Day-in-the-Life exercise where participants are invited to map out the various recreation programs and activities that take place at Britannia through the day and night.
· Year-at-Britannia exercise where participants are invited to map
recreation activities and events held throughout the year.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following
- What do you LOVE about Britannia’s recreation programs, facilities
- What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s recreation programs,
facilities and spaces?
- What kinds of recreation programs, facilities and spaces would you
like to SEE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision of recreation facilities for Britannia.
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary. After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three favourite ideas.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine