Britannia would like to assist those who are not able to afford the advertised cost of certain recreation programs; at the same time, our operation needs to be financially viable. Click here for our Subsidy Policy.
Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: October
Britannia Teen Centre: October
Spaces & Places Workshop - Recreation
Jun 17, 2017 12:00 pm - Jun 17, 2017 3:00 pm
Location: Gym D
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on recreation at Britannia.
· A presentati on on exciting examples of different types of recreation facilities and spaces locally and from around the world.
· Mapping exercise where participants are asked to draw a map of
Britannia, and identify what kind of recreational activities take place where at Britannia.
· Day-in-the-Life exercise where participants are invited to map out the various recreation programs and activities that take place at Britannia through the day and night.
· Year-at-Britannia exercise where participants are invited to map
recreation activities and events held throughout the year.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following
- What do you LOVE about Britannia’s recreation programs, facilities
- What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s recreation programs,
facilities and spaces?
- What kinds of recreation programs, facilities and spaces would you
like to SEE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision of recreation facilities for Britannia.
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary. After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three favourite ideas.
- Oct 1, 2018 5:00 pm - Oct 1, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Gym D
- Oct 3, 2018 6:30 pm - Oct 3, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryOctober Exhibition runs Oct 5-Nov 2
"F I C T I O N" by the Art is Land Network
- Oct 5, 2018 3:30 pm - Oct 5, 2018 5:00 pmJoin us for our first meeting on Friday October 5, 3:30-5:00pm
Pizza and refreshments!
- Oct 5, 2018 7:00 pm - Oct 5, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: CFEC, 1655 William St - 2nd Floor
- Oct 5, 2018 8:00 pm - Oct 5, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Oct 9, 2018 5:30 pm - Oct 9, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Ray Cam Community Centre