Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Jane's Walk - Britannia Renewal: Past, Present and Future of Britannia
Starting at the Britannia Renewal Lab (aka The BLAB!) in the Info Centre, we'll take a walk down memory lane with residents who have been around since Britannia was first established in the early 70s. On our walk, we'll also explore the awesome diversity of communities, programs and people who call Britannia home. Finally, we'll inform walkers about the future plans for Britannia and invite everyone to get involved in the Britannia Renewal Project which will result in a Master Plan for the redevelopment of Britannia over the next 30 years.
Spencer Lindsay, Walk LeaderSpencer is an Engagement Analyst for the City of Vancouver focusing of Aboriginal community engagement on the Britannia Renewal Project
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine