Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Salish Community Honouring Ceremony
This inclusive, Salish-style ceremony is intended to reflect the spirit of the Reconciliation work currently underway at Britannia which aims to build on local strengths and engage the various parts of our neighbourhood to create meaningful and sustainable change.
Under the direction of Jeff Dan, a recognized Salish cultural leader from the Squamish Nation, the Britannia Community Honouring Ceremony will recognize a diverse group, consisting of 12 residents, staff and volunteers who have been nominated by their peers, fellow community members, friends and/or colleagues to represent the collective achievements of our community through their own valued contributions.
For more information please contact Erin Grant at email@example.com or 778.688.3445
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine