Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Open Mic Night
Our focus is on showcasing the voices of queer youth, elders and allies, anyone is welcome to come read, sing, dance, drag, lip sync, or otherwise entertain us. Open Mic is an accessible alternative (well lit, no steps, attentive & kind audience, support for first time readers, youth and elder friendly), and a space for new/experienced work.
Sign up begins at 6:30pm and the event officially kicks off at 7:00pm. All performers have 5 minutes including set up, strictly observed.
Censorship: None. BUT no hate speech & please respect the fact that this is a safe space for youth 14+.
Alcohol free. Coffee and soft drinks are available for purchase.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine