Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Bash the Trash
Bash the Trash is a sound journey, combining science, music, and environmental awareness through performances, educational programs, and social initiatives. It is music with a green twist! Bash the Trash has jammed with Yo-Yo Ma, Max Roach, and Mister Rogers, performed on straw oboes at Carnegie Hall and led environmental parades through Washington DC. This interactive performance is ideally suited for children aged 3 to 6 years old.
$5/per adult - LAC accepted
All children have FREE admission, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine