2022 Annual General Meeting
Thank you to everyone who attended the AGM and ran for the board of directors.
Elected board members:
- Annie Danilko
- John Flipse
- Farren Gillaspie
- Pat Hogan
- Craig Ollenberger
- Ashki Shkur
- Matt Smith
- Oliver Tennant
- Naina Varshney
- Emma Xu
- Stephanie Slen
May 25, 2022 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Learn what we’ve been up to over the last year, vote in the board election, or even run for the board! The meeting will be held virtually via Zoom, with limited in-person attendance in Gym D (50 people max). You can also join the Zoom meeting by phone.
- Welcome & Speaker (Mary Point)
- Messages from:
- Executive Director
- Britannia Renewal
- Reconciliation in Action Committee
- Board Development Committee
- Appreciations for 2021-2022 Board
- Nominations for 2022-2023 Board
- Nominations from the floor
- Nominees speeches
- Questions from the floor
- Elections open
- Appreciations and Adjourn
There are 9 director positions, two youth positions, and one staff representative position up for election. View the board candidate bios here.
All those who are members of the Society as of 9:00pm on May 11, 2022 are eligible to vote in the election and stand for election.
If attending the AGM online, we will confirm membership status when you enter the Zoom meeting.
Online voting will take place electronically in Zoom using the poll function. Once the election voting period is open, non-voting members will be temporarily moved into a breakout room for the duration of voting. In the main room, a Zoom poll will become available to voting members that includes the names of all nominees, including those from the floor. Ten minutes will be allocated to the voting process. Once all votes are in, the breakout room will close and non-voting members will be able to rejoin the main room.
Run for the Britannia Board
There are two ways to run for the Board of Management:
- Declare yourself a candidate in advance. Contact us by phone at 604.718.5815 or email email@example.com. Write a brief biography (150 words max.) describing who you are, and noting your community interests and relevant experience. The bio will be available on our website leading up to the AGM. You will be asked to prepare a short speech (one minute max.) to deliver at the AGM or to be prerecorded for playback at the AGM.
- Nominate yourself from the floor at the AGM. Attend the AGM on May 25, 2022 (virtually or in-person) and nominate yourself from the floor. There will be extra space on the ballots for voters to add in the names of nominations from the floor.