2023 Annual General Meeting
Elected Board Members
May 24, 2023 from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Learn what we’ve been up to over the last year, vote in the board election, or even run for the board! Join us on Zoom or in-person in Gym D. You can also join the Zoom meeting by phone.
Review the board candidate biographies.
Review our 2022 Annual Report.
- Traditional Welcome & Speaker
- Messages from:
- Executive Director
- Reconciliation in Action Committee
- Manager of Organizational Change
- Appreciations for 2022-2023 Board
- Nominations for 2023-2024 Board
- Nominations from the floor
- Nominee speeches
- Elections open
- Appreciations and Adjourn
Help shape the future of Britannia! All those who are members of the Society as of 9:00pm on May 10, 2023 are eligible to vote in the election and stand for election.
There are six director positions, two youth positions, and one staff representative position up for election.
For online attendees: Once we have confirmed if you are a voting member, we will admit you from the waiting room. Non-voting community members are welcome to join, but we will move you into a breakout room when it's time to vote.
If attending the AGM online, we will confirm membership status when you enter the Zoom meeting.
Online voting will take place electronically in Zoom using the poll function. Once the election voting period is open, non-voting members will be temporarily moved into a breakout room for the duration of voting. In the main room, a Zoom poll will become available to voting members that includes the names of all nominees, including those from the floor. Ten minutes will be allocated to the voting process. Once all votes are in, the breakout room will close and non-voting members will be able to rejoin the main room.
Run for the Britannia Board
There are two ways to run for the Board of Management:
- Declare yourself a candidate in advance. Contact us by phone at 604.718.5815 or email email@example.com. Write a brief biography (150 words max.) describing who you are, and noting your community interests and relevant experience. The bio will be available on our website leading up to the AGM. You will be asked to prepare a short speech (one minute max.) to deliver at the AGM.
- Nominate yourself from the floor at the AGM. Attend the AGM on May 24, 2023 (virtually or in-person) and nominate yourself from the floor.