Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: January
Britannia Teen Centre: January
Art Gallery - Artist Workshop
Salmon People Bracelets - with Janey Cheng
Are you a descendant of salmon people? Salmon are kin for the Indigenous People of the rivers and coasts of this land. Salmon were also at the heart of cultures throughout Asia and northern Europe in ages past. Re-awaken your connection to the land and show your love for the salmon by creating a beautiful bracelet out of salmon leather that you tan yourself.
In the morning of this two-part workshop, artist Janey Cheng will discuss methods of skinning and fleshing fish, and lead participants through oil-tanning a salmon skin.
In the afternoon, she will help participants craft their own snap cuff or 'magic braid' bracelet out of their finished skin. All materials provided. Please come on time and bring your lunch!
October exhibition runs Oct 2-Nov 1
"Tools for the Honourable Harvest" Natural materials by EartHand Gleaners Society
- Jan 3, 2020 8:00 pm - Jan 3, 2020 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolSorry, there will be no youth swim this evening.
- Jan 5, 2020 6:00 pm - Jan 5, 2020 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All are welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Jan 8, 2020 6:30 pm - Jan 8, 2020 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryJanuary exhibition runs Jan 8-31
"Colour Harmonies In the Abstract Landscape" by Eva Wideman
"Longing for the Other Shore" Acrylic on canvas by Kelvin Lit
- Jan 8, 2020 6:30 pm - Jan 8, 2020 7:30 pmLocation: Rink Mezz
- Jan 12, 2020 6:00 pm - Jan 12, 2020 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All are welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Jan 18, 2020 9:00 am - Jan 18, 2020 12:00 pmLocation: Northwest corner of Parking Lot