Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: September
Britannia Teen Centre: September
Art Gallery - Artist Workshop
Salmon People Bracelets - with Rebecca Graham
Are you a descendant of salmon people? Salmon are kin for the Indigenous People of the rivers and coasts of this land. Salmon were also at the heart of cultures throughout Asia and northern Europe in ages past. Re-awaken your connection to the land and show your love for the salmon by creating a beautiful bracelet out of salmon leather that you tan yourself.
In the morning of this two-part workshop, artist Rebecca Graham will discuss methods of skinning and fleshing fish, and lead participants through oil-tanning a salmon skin.
In the afternoon, she will help participants craft their own snap cuff or 'magic braid' bracelet out of their finished skin. All materials provided. Please come on time and bring your lunch!
Rebecca Graham is the artistic director of EartHand Gleaners Society. She is an accomplished crafter skilled in working with a variety of natural materials such as willow, locally grown flax for linen, salmon, and other fish skins.
October exhibition runs Oct 2-Nov 1
"Tools for the Honourable Harvest" Natural materials by EartHand Gleaners Society
- Sep 1, 2019 12:00 pm - Sep 1, 2019 5:00 pmLocation: Gym D
- Sep 1, 2019 12:00 pm - Sep 1, 2019 5:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Sep 4, 2019 6:30 pm - Sep 4, 2019 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GallerySeptember exhibition runs Sep 4-27
"Choreographic Artifacts - Collection 1" by Choreographer and Dancer Alvin Erasga Tolentino
- Sep 5, 2019 6:00 pm - Sep 5, 2019 8:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Sep 6, 2019 8:00 pm - Sep 6, 2019 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Sep 8, 2019 12:00 pm - Sep 8, 2019 3:00 pmLocation: Family Activity RoomShare, learn and eat!