Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events
Britannia Teen Centre
All facilities are closed until further notice. We will soon be offering some events and programs via Zoom. Our events calendar will be updated over the next few weeks to include our new online programming.
Art Gallery - Artist Workshop
Salmon People Bracelets - with Janey Cheng
Are you a descendant of salmon people? Salmon are kin for the Indigenous People of the rivers and coasts of this land. Salmon were also at the heart of cultures throughout Asia and northern Europe in ages past. Re-awaken your connection to the land and show your love for the salmon by creating a beautiful bracelet out of salmon leather that you tan yourself.
In the morning of this two-part workshop, artist Janey Cheng will discuss methods of skinning and fleshing fish, and lead participants through oil-tanning a salmon skin.
In the afternoon, she will help participants craft their own snap cuff or 'magic braid' bracelet out of their finished skin. All materials provided. Please come on time and bring your lunch!
October exhibition runs Oct 2-Nov 1
"Tools for the Honourable Harvest" Natural materials by EartHand Gleaners Society
- Jul 2, 2020 2:00 pm - Jul 2, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Jul 2, 2020 6:00 pm - Jul 2, 2020 8:00 pmLocation: Zoom
- Jul 7, 2020 2:00 pm - Jul 7, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Jul 9, 2020 2:00 pm - Jul 9, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Jul 14, 2020 2:00 pm - Jul 14, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Jul 16, 2020 2:00 pm - Jul 16, 2020 7:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza