Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
East Van Garden Tour
Sunday June 17, Father's Day, is your chance to visit a dozen or so delightful East Van private gardens.
This years self-guided tour will be in the area within a few blocks of Figaro's Garden Centre (1896 Victoria Dr at 3rd Ave). You will likely be able to walk the entire route.
Online registration ends Saturday June 16 at 4:00pm. Tickets can still be purchased after 4pm in person at Figaro's, as well as the morning of Sun June 17.
Tickets are $15
Please visit our Garden Tour website at eastsidegardentour.blogspot.ca
On the day of the tour please go to Figaro's any time after 10am to pick up your map showing the locations and descriptions of the gardens on the tour.
The tour is jointly sponsored by Britannia Centre, Britannia Neighbours, and Figaro's.
Note that most gardens are not wheelchair or stroller accessible, children must be 12 yrs or older or babes in arms, and pets are not allowed.
- Jun 1, 2018 8:00 pm - Jun 1, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Jun 2, 2018 12:00 pm - Jun 2, 2018 3:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Jun 6, 2018 10:00 am - Jun 6, 2018 12:00 pmLocation: Carving Centre
- Jun 6, 2018 6:30 pm - Jun 6, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryJune Exhibition runs June 6-29
Elders Art Collective: Wednesday Crafters and Arts & Health
- Jun 10, 2018 12:00 pm - Jun 10, 2018 4:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm - Jun 13, 2018Location: šx?q?el?w?n ct Carving CentreArtist talk with Giihlgiigaa Todd DeVries
Join Todd for a conversation about his weaving practice. "Everything we need to know about weaving we learn from the spider," Todd says, "You start with four warps or strands (spider legs) and weave in a weft strand or weaver, and form the Haida cross, and then weave around the legs of the spider, as a spider would when spinning its own web. Around and around."
June Exhibition runs Jun 6-29