Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: June
Britannia Teen Centre: June
Join us on June 27th for an Indigenous Visioning Workshop to inform the redevelopment of the Britannia Community Centre. This event, lead by Tlicho architect Ouri Scott, will take place at the Britannia Community Centre's Carving Pavilion from 5:30 to 8:00PM. Food and mingling will start at 5:30 and discussion will commence at 6pm.
The workshop will consist of a group discussion on Indigenous values, community and what should be reflect in the new Britannia Community Centre. We will also discuss what kind of spaces, and programs should be in the new centre and what makes a community centre welcoming to Aboriginal people.
This session will be followed in the fall by an Indigenous Design Charrette, where we will help co-design some building concepts with the help of architects and designers.
- Jun 1, 2018 8:00 pm - Jun 1, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Jun 2, 2018 12:00 pm - Jun 2, 2018 3:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Jun 6, 2018 10:00 am - Jun 6, 2018 12:00 pmLocation: Carving Centre
- Jun 6, 2018 6:30 pm - Jun 6, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryJune Exhibition runs June 6-29
Elders Art Collective: Wednesday Crafters and Arts & Health
- Jun 10, 2018 12:00 pm - Jun 10, 2018 4:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm - Jun 13, 2018Location: šx?q?el?w?n ct Carving CentreArtist talk with Giihlgiigaa Todd DeVries
Join Todd for a conversation about his weaving practice. "Everything we need to know about weaving we learn from the spider," Todd says, "You start with four warps or strands (spider legs) and weave in a weft strand or weaver, and form the Haida cross, and then weave around the legs of the spider, as a spider would when spinning its own web. Around and around."
June Exhibition runs Jun 6-29