Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: April
Britannia Teen Centre: April
Join us on June 27th for an Indigenous Visioning Workshop to inform the redevelopment of the Britannia Community Centre. This event, lead by Tlicho architect Ouri Scott, will take place at the Britannia Community Centre's Carving Pavilion from 5:30 to 8:00PM. Food and mingling will start at 5:30 and discussion will commence at 6pm.
The workshop will consist of a group discussion on Indigenous values, community and what should be reflect in the new Britannia Community Centre. We will also discuss what kind of spaces, and programs should be in the new centre and what makes a community centre welcoming to Aboriginal people.
This session will be followed in the fall by an Indigenous Design Charrette, where we will help co-design some building concepts with the help of architects and designers.
- Apr 1, 2018 2:30 pm - Apr 1, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolJoin us for a FREE public swim, with Easter treats and games.
- Apr 2, 2018 1:00 pm - Apr 2, 2018 3:30 pmLocation: Britannia RinkCome by the rink on Easter Monday, lace up your skares and burn off some of those candy calories. :)
- Apr 4, 2018 6:30 pm - Apr 4, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryApril Exhibition runs Apr 4-27
"Shifting" - paintings by Ellen Bang
Pliable raw metal forms by Beata Kacy
- Apr 6, 2018 8:00 pm - Apr 6, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Apr 11, 2018 5:30 pm - Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pmLocation: The Hall - 1739 Venables @ Commercial
- Apr 13, 2018 6:00 pm - Apr 14, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Kickstand, 1739 Venables (back door)