Britannia would like to assist those who are not able to afford the advertised cost of certain recreation programs; at the same time, our operation needs to be financially viable. Click here for our Subsidy Policy.
Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: August
Britannia Teen Centre: Summer
Note: Annual Pool Maintenance Closure - Sept 1-28
Spaces & Places Workshop - Social Development
Jun 29, 2017 12:00 pm - Jun 29, 2017 4:00 pm
Location: Gym D
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on social development programs and spaces at Britannia.
· A presentation on exciting examples of different types of social development facilities and spaces that have been incorporated at community centres locally and from around the world.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following questions:
- What do you LOVE about Britannia’s social development programs and spaces?
- What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s social development programs and spaces?
- What kinds of social programs and spaces would you like to SEE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision for facilities to support holistic human development at Britannia (e.g., for children, teens, adults, families and senior/elders)
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary. After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three favourite ideas.
- Aug 1, 2018 6:30 pm - Aug 1, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryAugust Exhibition runs Aug 1-31
"Naturally Around Us" by Alternative Creations Studio
- Aug 3, 2018 8:00 pm - Aug 3, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Aug 9, 2018 4:00 am - Aug 9, 2018 10:30 amLocation: Site wide
- Aug 10, 2018 5:00 pm - Aug 10, 2018 8:00 pmLocation: Grandview Park
- Aug 12, 2018 12:00 pm - Aug 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Aug 17, 2018 5:00 pm - Aug 17, 2018 8:00 pmLocation: Grandview Park