Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: June
Britannia Teen Centre: June
Off the Grill
Homemade burgers with Greek Quinoa Salad. Green salad. Watermelon
The cornerstone of this program us the preparation of healthy meals with support from youth and the serving of these meals to both youth and community members in the Britannia Plaza. Community meals thus become an avenue of social connection among youth, the broader community and youth service providers.
Meal may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
Meals by donation.
We are looking for youth to volunteer for the program. Contact Mark at 604-718-5828 for details.
- Jun 1, 2018 8:00 pm - Jun 1, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Jun 2, 2018 12:00 pm - Jun 2, 2018 3:00 pmLocation: Britannia Plaza
- Jun 6, 2018 10:00 am - Jun 6, 2018 12:00 pmLocation: Carving Centre
- Jun 6, 2018 6:30 pm - Jun 6, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryJune Exhibition runs June 6-29
Elders Art Collective: Wednesday Crafters and Arts & Health
- Jun 10, 2018 12:00 pm - Jun 10, 2018 4:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm - Jun 13, 2018Location: šx?q?el?w?n ct Carving CentreArtist talk with Giihlgiigaa Todd DeVries
Join Todd for a conversation about his weaving practice. "Everything we need to know about weaving we learn from the spider," Todd says, "You start with four warps or strands (spider legs) and weave in a weft strand or weaver, and form the Haida cross, and then weave around the legs of the spider, as a spider would when spinning its own web. Around and around."
June Exhibition runs Jun 6-29