Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: September
Britannia Teen Centre: September
Note: Annual Pool Maintenance Closure - Sept 1-28
Spaces & Places Workshop - Lifelong Learning
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on lifelong learning at Britannia.
· A presentation on exciting examples of different types of lifelong learning facilities and spaces locally and from around the world.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following
- What do you LOVE about Britannia’s learning programs
- What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s learning
programs and spaces?
- What kinds of learning programs and spaces would you like
to SEE and PARTICIPATE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision of lifelong learning facilities and activities for Britannia.
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary.
After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three
- Sep 2, 2018 12:00 pm - Sep 2, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Sep 2, 2018 12:00 pm - Sep 2, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Gym D & BreezewayEnjoy a taste of Latin America in East Van!
- Sep 5, 2018 6:30 pm - Sep 5, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryAugust Exhibition runs Sep 5-28
"Everyday Something Falls" by Kelly Haydon
"The Port and Beyond" by Judith Fairwood
- Sep 9, 2018 6:00 pm - Sep 9, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Sep 12, 2018 7:00 pm - Sep 12, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with Kelly Haydon
September Exhibition runs Sep 5-28
- Sep 13, 2018 6:00 pm - Sep 13, 2018 8:00 pmLocation: šx?q?el?w?n ct Carving Centre