Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: February
Britannia Teen Centre: February
Britannia Renewal Speakers Series - Food + Community Wellbeing
Food + Community Wellbeing
How can the Britannia Renewal project incorporate leading edge thinking about food in supporting resilient, inclusive and healthy communities?
“Food is the ultimate connector. We all eat. We all celebrate around food. [But] food divides us as well.” Nick Saul
Date: Sunday June 4th, 2017
Time: 12-2 pm
Refreshments at noon; talk and discussion at 12:30 pm.
Location: Britannia Community Services Centre, Gym D
Nick Saul, Community Food Centres Canada
Nick Saul is President and CEO of Community Food Centres Canada, a national organization that builds and supports vibrant, food-focused centres in low-income neighbourhoods that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. A long-time community organizer for income equality, food justice and health, he is a recipient of the prestigious Jane Jacobs Prize, as well as the Queen’s Jubilee Medal. His bestselling book, The Stop: How the Fight for Good Food Transformed a Community and Inspired a Movement, written with his wife, Andrea Curtis, was nominated for the Toronto Book Award and won several other awards.
- Feb 2, 2018 8:00 pm - Feb 2, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Feb 4, 2018 6:00 pm - Feb 4, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Feb 6, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 6, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Conference Room
- Feb 7, 2018 6:30 pm - Feb 7, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryFebruary Exhibition runs Feb 7 - Mar 2
"Adrift' - multi-media exhibition by Jenny Hawkinson
- Feb 10, 2018 1:00 pm - Feb 10, 2018 4:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- Feb 11, 2018 6:00 pm - Feb 11, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!