Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Britannia Renewal Speakers Series - Food + Community Wellbeing
Food + Community Wellbeing
How can the Britannia Renewal project incorporate leading edge thinking about food in supporting resilient, inclusive and healthy communities?
“Food is the ultimate connector. We all eat. We all celebrate around food. [But] food divides us as well.” Nick Saul
Date: Sunday June 4th, 2017
Time: 12-2 pm
Refreshments at noon; talk and discussion at 12:30 pm.
Location: Britannia Community Services Centre, Gym D
Nick Saul, Community Food Centres Canada
Nick Saul is President and CEO of Community Food Centres Canada, a national organization that builds and supports vibrant, food-focused centres in low-income neighbourhoods that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. A long-time community organizer for income equality, food justice and health, he is a recipient of the prestigious Jane Jacobs Prize, as well as the Queen’s Jubilee Medal. His bestselling book, The Stop: How the Fight for Good Food Transformed a Community and Inspired a Movement, written with his wife, Andrea Curtis, was nominated for the Toronto Book Award and won several other awards.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine