Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: December
Britannia Teen Centre: December
Britannia Renewal Speakers Series - Community Resilience + Indigenous Design
Community Resilience + Design
with Ouri Scott, Architect & David Ramslie, Sustainability Planner
How can the Britannia Renewal project incorporate indigenous design principles in conjunction with exploration of possibilities for sustainable infrastructure systems?
Thursday May 4th, 2017
6:30pm Refreshments at the Britannia Carving Pavilion
7:00-8:30pm Talk at the Britannia High School Auditorium
About Ouri Scott:
As one of the first Indigenous women to graduate from the UBC’s Master of Architecture program, Ouri is driven to resolve prevalent, yet often unaddressed design issues that face First Nations people across Canada, and around the world. As a designer, she looks to develop a modern language of architecture that reflects and responds to contemporary First Nations culture. Her most recent work includes an award-winning concept for a net-zero, mixed-use development in Seattle that incorporates renewable energy strategies and intensive vertical farming. As a proud member of the Tlicho First Nation, Ouri works with First Nations communities across western Canada in her work.
David Ramslie, Sustainability Planner (Integral Group)
With over a decade of experience in the green building industry, Dave is a leader on urban sustainability issues and policy. As a pragmatic problem solver and a highly engaging public speaker, Dave has presented his findings to a variety of audiences. Dave has demonstrated his forward-thinking nature through the execution of many significant local projects, including new environmental requirements for the 2013 Vancouver Building Code, the strategic development to the City of Vancouver’s Corporate Carbon Strategy and the development and authorization of the Green Buildings Rezoning Policy.
- Dec 2, 2018 6:00 pm - Dec 2, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Dec 3, 2018 - Dec 6, 2018
- Dec 7, 2018 8:00 pm - Dec 7, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Dec 8, 2018 12:00 pm - Dec 8, 2018 4:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreCelebrate the season by making your own seasonal decor and art projects.
Various local artists will be instructing in a variety of media.
All materials provided. All ages welcome!
- Dec 9, 2018 6:00 pm - Dec 9, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Dec 11, 2018 4:30 pm - Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pmLocation: Learning Resource Centre