Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Britannia Renewal Speakers Series - Learning + Community Growth
Learning + Community Growth
Asa Kachan, Chief Librarian and CEO Halifax Public Library
How can the Britannia Renewal project incorporate current trends in library service while also understanding how different early environments and experiences contribute to inequalities in children’s development?
“Libraries still continue to provide books and materials as we always
have, but it is by bringing the community together and facilitate the
sharing of knowledge and ideas and perspectives that we lift our community up individually and collectively. When that happens,
we’ve truly succeeded as a library.” Asa Kachan
About Asa Kachan:
Asa brings senior management experience to the role as well as a commitment to public libraries. In her role as Assistant Vice-President, Enrolment Management & Registrar at Dalhousie University, Ms. Kachan twice helped Dalhousie receive the Canadian Association of University Business Officers’ Productivity and Excellence Award; in 2011 for improving web communications and strategy, and in 2007 for improving service to students. In addition, she has a Master of Library and Information Science from the University of Western Ontario, has worked in Saskatchewan public libraries, and, early in her career, she was President of the Saskatchewan Library Association and selected for the Northern Exposure to Leadership program.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine