Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: November
Britannia Teen Centre: November
Britannia Renewal Speakers Series - Learning + Community Growth
Learning + Community Growth
Asa Kachan, Chief Librarian and CEO Halifax Public Library
How can the Britannia Renewal project incorporate current trends in library service while also understanding how different early environments and experiences contribute to inequalities in children’s development?
“Libraries still continue to provide books and materials as we always
have, but it is by bringing the community together and facilitate the
sharing of knowledge and ideas and perspectives that we lift our community up individually and collectively. When that happens,
we’ve truly succeeded as a library.” Asa Kachan
About Asa Kachan:
Asa brings senior management experience to the role as well as a commitment to public libraries. In her role as Assistant Vice-President, Enrolment Management & Registrar at Dalhousie University, Ms. Kachan twice helped Dalhousie receive the Canadian Association of University Business Officers’ Productivity and Excellence Award; in 2011 for improving web communications and strategy, and in 2007 for improving service to students. In addition, she has a Master of Library and Information Science from the University of Western Ontario, has worked in Saskatchewan public libraries, and, early in her career, she was President of the Saskatchewan Library Association and selected for the Northern Exposure to Leadership program.
- Nov 2, 2018 8:00 pm - Nov 2, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Nov 4, 2018 6:00 pm - Nov 4, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Nov 7, 2018 6:30 pm - Nov 7, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryNovember Exhibition runs Nov 7-30
"Landscapes" Colour prints by Barry Skillin
- Nov 11, 2018 6:00 pm - Nov 11, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Nov 14, 2018 9:30 am - Nov 14, 2018 1:30 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Nov 16, 2018 - Nov 18, 2018Location: Gym DFri Nov 16 - 3-8pm
Sat/Sun Nov 17/18 -10am-4pm
$2 entrance/ Free for 12yrs and under