Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Britannia Renewal Speakers Series - Reconciliation & Renewal
Reconciliation & Renewal
Yvonne Rigsby-Jones, Reconciliation Canada
How can the Britannia Renewal project inspire positive change and engage community members in dialogue and transformative experiences that revitalize the relationships among Indigenous peoples and all Canadians?
Date: Monday April 3rd, 2017
Time: 7:00 pm
Community meal at 6 pm; talk and discussion at 7 pm.
Location: Britannia Community Services Centre, Gym D
About Yvonne Rigsby-Jones:
Yvonne is Snuneymuxw First Nation, Coast Salish, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and friend. She is currently employed as the Addictions Specialist for the First Nations Health Authority bringing a background of working in Addictions and Trauma Healing.
Mid 2015 Yvonne retired from her position as Executive Director of Tsow-Tun Le Lum Treatment Centre. Over the years her work adapted and changed from addictions specific work, to pioneering and developing programs to address the complete person; sexual abuse and childhood trauma healing, residential school healing programs, elders healing and programs to assist grieving individuals. Working with clients from Corrections Services Canada was an integral element of doing a small part to assist in the over representation of Aboriginal people in the system.
Most significant to the healing programs was the Spiritual and Cultural foundation provided by many wise Elders whose teachings shaped the day to day life and success of the centre. These teachings became a way of life and are deeply embedded as Yvonne leads with compassion, because compassion works.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine