Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Flu Immunization Clinic
Who can get a free seasonal flu shot?
- People 65 years and older and their caregivers/household contacts;
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic care facilities;
- Children and adults with chronic health conditions, including obesity, and their household contacts;
- Children and adolescents (six months to 18 years) with conditions treated for long periods of time with acetylsalicylic acid, and their household contacts;
- Healthy children age six months to five years of age
- Household contacts and caregivers of infants age zero to 59 months;
- Aboriginal peoples (on and off reserve);
- All pregnant women and their household contacts;
- Health care and other care providers in facilities and community settings who are capable of transmitting influenza to those at high risk of influenza complications;
- People who provide essential services including first responders and correction officers;
- People who work with live poultry;
- People planning to visit loved ones in a health care facility or who will take family members to outpatient appointments are also eligible for a free flu shot.
Protecting children from the flu
There are several options for children: most vaccines are available as a shot and one is given as a nasal spray called FluMist. FluMist is available in a limited number of doses, and is available at some doctors’ offices and VCH Public Health clinics. Call ahead to your local clinic to check availability. The injectable flu vaccines offer excellent protection. Please do not delay immunizing children.
For more information about influenza (flu) vaccine
call HealthLinkBC at 8-1-1 or visit www.immunizebc.ca
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine