Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: February
Britannia Teen Centre: February
Cultivating Courage & Compassion in the Teenage Years
Has conflict been on the rise in your house? Get the support you need to support your teenager! As a teenager struggles to create his or her own self in the world, parents often feel frustrated at choices made, sad at the loss of the young child they understood so well, afraid of painful outcomes for the teenager, and at a loss as to how to help. Supporting a teenager through this intense period requires a whole new set of skills! Through this 2 hour workshop for parents, learn and practice new skills in order to:
- Understand your reactions to your teen; gain skills to respond in a way which cultivates courage and compassion for everyone
- Understand your role as a parent in the relationship with your emerging young adult
For more information visit http://breatheintobetter.com
Free with registration.
Activity # 79181
This program will be followed by the Therapeutic Parent Support Group sessions which will run Tuesday nights 7-8:30pm.
Oct 4-Nov 8 in the Learning Resource Centre (below the Library)
$110/ 6 sessions
Activity # 79182
- Feb 1, 2019 8:00 pm - Feb 1, 2019 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Feb 3, 2019 6:00 pm - Feb 3, 2019 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Feb 6, 2019 6:30 pm - Feb 6, 2019 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryFebruary Exhibition runs Feb 2-Mar 1
"Artifacts: Exploration of Memory" Assemblage/collage by Bernadine Fox
- Feb 8, 2019 1:00 pm - Feb 8, 2019 2:30 pmLocation: Britannia Preschool
- Feb 9, 2019 1:00 pm - Feb 9, 2019 4:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- Feb 10, 2019 6:00 pm - Feb 10, 2019 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre