Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Cultivating Courage & Compassion in the Teenage Years
Has conflict been on the rise in your house? Get the support you need to support your teenager! As a teenager struggles to create his or her own self in the world, parents often feel frustrated at choices made, sad at the loss of the young child they understood so well, afraid of painful outcomes for the teenager, and at a loss as to how to help. Supporting a teenager through this intense period requires a whole new set of skills! Through this 2 hour workshop for parents, learn and practice new skills in order to:
- Understand your reactions to your teen; gain skills to respond in a way which cultivates courage and compassion for everyone
- Understand your role as a parent in the relationship with your emerging young adult
For more information visit http://breatheintobetter.com
Free with registration.
Activity # 79181
This program will be followed by the Therapeutic Parent Support Group sessions which will run Tuesday nights 7-8:30pm.
Oct 4-Nov 8 in the Learning Resource Centre (below the Library)
$110/ 6 sessions
Activity # 79182
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine