Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: February
Britannia Teen Centre: February
Open Mic Night
Our focus is on showcasing the voices of queer youth, elders and allies, anyone is welcome to come read, sing, dance, drag, lip sync, or otherwise entertain us. Open Mic is an accessible alternative (well lit, no steps, attentive & kind audience, support for first time readers, youth and elder friendly), and a space for new/experienced work.
Sign up begins at 6:30pm and the event officially kicks off at 7:00pm. All performers have 5 minutes including set up, strictly observed.
Censorship: None. BUT no hate speech & please respect the fact that this is a safe space for youth 14+.
Alcohol free. Coffee and soft drinks are available for purchase.
- Feb 2, 2018 8:00 pm - Feb 2, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Feb 4, 2018 6:00 pm - Feb 4, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Feb 6, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 6, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Conference Room
- Feb 7, 2018 6:30 pm - Feb 7, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryFebruary Exhibition runs Feb 7 - Mar 2
"Adrift' - multi-media exhibition by Jenny Hawkinson
- Feb 10, 2018 1:00 pm - Feb 10, 2018 4:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- Feb 11, 2018 6:00 pm - Feb 11, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!