Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Stone Soup Festival
20th Annual Stone Soup Festival – Special Anniversary Celebration
This annual festival brings the community together in celebration of local food, local artists, community groups and entertainment with a focus on food sustainability, food justice and the environment. This event also includes workshops, local authors, demonstrations, a food market, free soup and more!
Vendor & Artist Info
Food vendor applications are available at the Britannia Information Centre. Vendor Fee is $35.00. Vendors supply their own 10 by 10 ft market tent or umbrella table. Tables and chairs are provided. Space is limited. Local Artists: Artworks are themed to the festival and coordinated by Katherine Polgrain Artist Fee is $35.00 For more information email Katherine Polgrain:
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine