Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: November
Britannia Teen Centre: November
Brazilian Drumming Workshop with Audience Participation
World Music has become one of the main influences of popular music and culture today. In this interactive workshop you will see a wide variety of instruments, whole group participation, choreography and cooperative and active learning. We will play traditional instruments from Brazil along with ensemble dynamics & melodic rhythm patterns. The participants will join David DiTomaso playing the instruments used in Brazilian Carnival and will also be taught basic dance movements and choreography. We will experience enjoyment, exploration, diversity: self-expression, culture, musical styles, music dynamics and a fun filled time. Depending on enrolment, David will also invite his group: Drum Syndicate, a world percussion group that presents a dynamic and interactive workshop and brings tropical heat to anywhere they present!
For ages 16+. Call 604.718.5800 (2) to register.
- Nov 2, 2018 8:00 pm - Nov 2, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Nov 4, 2018 6:00 pm - Nov 4, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Nov 7, 2018 6:30 pm - Nov 7, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryNovember Exhibition runs Nov 7-30
"Landscapes" Colour prints by Barry Skillin
- Nov 11, 2018 6:00 pm - Nov 11, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Nov 14, 2018 9:30 am - Nov 14, 2018 1:30 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Nov 16, 2018 - Nov 18, 2018Location: Gym DFri Nov 16 - 3-8pm
Sat/Sun Nov 17/18 -10am-4pm
$2 entrance/ Free for 12yrs and under