Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: September
Britannia Teen Centre: September
Note: Annual Pool Maintenance Closure - Sept 1-28
Brazilian Drumming Workshop with Audience Participation
World Music has become one of the main influences of popular music and culture today. In this interactive workshop you will see a wide variety of instruments, whole group participation, choreography and cooperative and active learning. We will play traditional instruments from Brazil along with ensemble dynamics & melodic rhythm patterns. The participants will join David DiTomaso playing the instruments used in Brazilian Carnival and will also be taught basic dance movements and choreography. We will experience enjoyment, exploration, diversity: self-expression, culture, musical styles, music dynamics and a fun filled time. Depending on enrolment, David will also invite his group: Drum Syndicate, a world percussion group that presents a dynamic and interactive workshop and brings tropical heat to anywhere they present!
For ages 16+. Call 604.718.5800 (2) to register.
- Sep 2, 2018 12:00 pm - Sep 2, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Napier Greenway
- Sep 2, 2018 12:00 pm - Sep 2, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Gym D & BreezewayEnjoy a taste of Latin America in East Van!
- Sep 5, 2018 6:30 pm - Sep 5, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryAugust Exhibition runs Sep 5-28
"Everyday Something Falls" by Kelly Haydon
"The Port and Beyond" by Judith Fairwood
- Sep 9, 2018 6:00 pm - Sep 9, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Sep 12, 2018 7:00 pm - Sep 12, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with Kelly Haydon
September Exhibition runs Sep 5-28
- Sep 13, 2018 6:00 pm - Sep 13, 2018 8:00 pmLocation: šx?q?el?w?n ct Carving Centre