Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Le Grand Continental – Sylain Émard Danse
If you are a dancer—or just want to be one, WE WANT YOU! Be a part of the PuSh Festival’s Le Grand Continental, a huge community dance project created by Montreal-based choreographer Sylvain Émard. Combining elements of line dancing and contemporary dance, this festive dance project brings together a multi-generational cast of 66 local participants—you could be one of them! Perform in the PuSh Festival, work with an internationally renowned choreographer and show your stuff! A FREE, fun, once-in-a lifetime opportunity. Sign up for the recruitment workshop and you could be cast in the show by choreographer Sylvain Émard! Learn more and sign up at pushfestival.ca.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine