Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: November
Britannia Teen Centre: November
Promoting the Health of Youth
Healthy Nutrition, Positive Body Image, and Active Living
The event's agenda include:
- A keynote presentation by Dr. Bryn Austin, the Iris Litt Visiting Professor from Harvard, on promoting healthy body image and satisfaction among teens
- Arlene Cristal, Director of the Shapedown Program at BC Children's Hospital - an effective family-based program for the promotion of healthy nutrition and active living
- Ian Marcuse on healthy nutrition for children and teens in low income communities
- Trevor Stokes on promoting physical activity among youth in the Community
- A panel of Youth Workers sponsored by Vancouver Parks and Recreation
- A special and exciting participatory Theatre presentation with David Diamond's Theatre for the Living
This event is sponsored by: Britannia Community Services Centre Society, BC Children's Hospital's Division of Adolescent Health and Medicine, Department of Psychology and RICHER (Responsive Intersectoral Children's Health, Education and Research), RAYCAM Community Centre, NICCSS (Network of InnerCity Community Services Society), and Vancouver Parks and Recreation. The Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine has provided support for the Iris Litt Visiting Professorship.
Refreshments will be available after the event.
FREE, please pre-register. online or call 604.718.5800.
- Nov 2, 2018 8:00 pm - Nov 2, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolClimb the WIBIT! Contests, prizes, games and crazy staff!
- Nov 4, 2018 6:00 pm - Nov 4, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Nov 7, 2018 6:30 pm - Nov 7, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryNovember Exhibition runs Nov 7-30
"Landscapes" Colour prints by Barry Skillin
- Nov 11, 2018 6:00 pm - Nov 11, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreThe Britannia Great Movies Series happens every Sunday evening from 6-9pm in the 55+ Centre. All our welcome to come and enjoy a movie and free popcorn!
- Nov 14, 2018 9:30 am - Nov 14, 2018 1:30 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Nov 16, 2018 - Nov 18, 2018Location: Gym DFri Nov 16 - 3-8pm
Sat/Sun Nov 17/18 -10am-4pm
$2 entrance/ Free for 12yrs and under