Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Earth Day Parade
This year’s Earth Day Parade, scheduled for April 21, 2014, seeks to bring elementary and secondary students together, along with adult allies, for a parade, celebration and day of learning. The event is planned as a celebration gathering with guest speakers, workshops, NGO tents, entertainment and bands. This event will be open to the public but targeted at students and seeks to build on the tremendous success of last year’s event which brought out close to 2000 people. Our hope is to emphasize our desire for urgent action on a variety of issues especially the lack of environmental action, and act as a catalyst for change towards a greener more sustainable future. We will also continue to focus on local issues such as tankers, pipelines and fracking along with efforts to raise awareness about the 1.5 degree threshold scientists use as a climate marker.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine