Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
A Celebration of Doug Soo's Life
The world has lost a wonderful and caring leader. Doug passed away suddenly on his regular Sunday hike on Grouse Mountain on January 12, 2014, doing what he loved.
Doug did not want a conventional funeral, but rather an informal gathering to reminisce, exchange stories and reflect on the time we shared with each other. He touched the lives of countless individuals.
Absolutely no flowers by request. If you wish, donations will be gratefully accepted, payable to the Vancouver Foundation for the Doug Soo Memorial Fund: #200-475 W. Georgia St., Vancouver BC V6B 4M9
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine