Britannia would like to assist those who are not able to afford the advertised cost of certain recreation programs; at the same time, our operation needs to be financially viable. Click here for our Subsidy Policy.
Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Indian Arm Canoeing - Cancelled
Aug 11, 2013 9:00 am - Aug 11, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Meet at Pool Lobby
Minimal experience required.
Indian Arm is a very popular canoeing and kayaking destination with its large sheltered cove for beginners. There are rich tidal zones and nearby islands for "house watching" and possible seal and jellyfish sightings. All canoe related items are provided including a "dry bag" to keep your items dry and secure.
- May 2, 2018 6:30 pm - May 2, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryMay Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
Nets, Nettles, Linen and Leather: Exploring cultural connections in the Land & Sea Project
Mediums: nettle fibre, linen fibre, fish leather.
Artists: Rebecca Graham, Sharon Kallis, Tracy Williams and Community members.
- May 4, 2018 8:00 pm - May 4, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- May 12, 2018 12:00 pm - May 12, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia Site & Napier GreenwayBritannia Community Centre is pleased to host the Annual Stone Soup Festival, a celebration of food, art, environment and community, including a food market, local artists, community groups, and workshops, live music, children’s activities, free soup and more!
- May 13, 2018 11:00 am - May 13, 2018 9:00 pmLocation: Britannia Secondary School - Gym A/B
- May 16, 2018 7:00 pm - Feb 21, 2018Location: Britannia Art GalleryArtist talk with EartHand Gleaners'
Learn more about the EartHand Gleaners' Land and Sea Project: themes emerging from Weaving Conversation Circles.
May Exhibition runs May 2-Jun 1
- May 18, 2018 3:00 pm - May 18, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Rink Mezzanine