Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: April
Britannia Teen Centre: April
Private Garden Tour of East Vancouver
Our home base this year will be at Figaro's Garden Centre (1896 Victoria Drive at 3rd Avenue), as usual, and the gardens will be in the Grandview neighbourhood, just a few blocks north of Figaro's. At Figaro's we will be serving coffee, juice, and goodies (by donation), and there is a restroom available for attendees during the tour.
On the day of the tour, start at Figaro's, pick up your tour map, and then head off to the gardens. (Note that the tour is on the same day as Car-Free Commercial Drive, so, if you can, plan to walk, take transit, or ride a bike.)
The tour runs from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., but this is not an event you need to come to right on time! We often get a big rush of people right at 10:00, but there's no need. You can come and go as you please. You'll see exactly the same gardens if you get started at 11:00 or noon or 1:00 or even as late as 2:00! (Do, however, make sure you have enough time to see all the gardens. We don't recommend starting the tour after 2:00.)
- Apr 1, 2018 2:30 pm - Apr 1, 2018 5:00 pmLocation: Britannia PoolJoin us for a FREE public swim, with Easter treats and games.
- Apr 2, 2018 1:00 pm - Apr 2, 2018 3:30 pmLocation: Britannia RinkCome by the rink on Easter Monday, lace up your skares and burn off some of those candy calories. :)
- Apr 4, 2018 6:30 pm - Apr 4, 2018 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryApril Exhibition runs Apr 4-27
"Shifting" - paintings by Ellen Bang
Pliable raw metal forms by Beata Kacy
- Apr 6, 2018 8:00 pm - Apr 6, 2018 10:00 pmLocation: Britannia Pool
- Apr 11, 2018 5:30 pm - Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pmLocation: The Hall - 1739 Venables @ Commercial
- Apr 13, 2018 6:00 pm - Apr 14, 2018 6:00 pmLocation: Kickstand, 1739 Venables (back door)