2021 Annual General Meeting
May 26, 2021 from 6:00pm - 7:30pmIn light of the COVID-19 pandemic, our AGM will be largely held online (and over the phone, for those who do not have access to a computer or an internet connection).
You can join the AGM at 6:00pm on May 26, 2021 by clicking here. The link will be emailed to all members on May 25, 2021. To join by phone, dial 778.907.2071 and enter the meeting ID (910 9630 0433) and passcode (468211). If you're not in BC, you can find your local number here. If you need any assistance, please call us at 604.718.5800 ext 1.
Only registered members can vote at the AGM. You will be asked for personal information to confirm membership status when you enter the Zoom meeting.
This year our voting will take place electronically in Zoom using the poll function. Once the election voting period is open, non-voting members will be temporarily moved into a breakout room for the duration of voting. In the main room, a Zoom poll will become available to voting members that includes the names of all nominees, including those from the floor. Fifteen minutes will be allocated to the voting process. Once all votes are in, the breakout room will close and non-voting members will be able to rejoin the main room.
Review all of the board candidate bios here.
All those who are members of the Society as of 9:00pm on May 12, 2021, are eligible to vote in the election and stand for election.
Because our facilities and services have been reduced this year, our 2021 memberships are now free. You can obtain a free membership over the phone by calling 604.718.5800 (1) or online here. Memberships are valid until December 31, 2021.
Please note: We have a limited capacity to answer the phone at this time. If you need to purchase your membership over the phone, please do not wait until the last minute as we may not be able to process your request.
AGM Draft Agenda
- Land Acknowledgement
- Messages from:
- Executive Director
- Manager of Administrative Services
- Planning and Development Committee
- Board Development Committee
- Appreciations for 2020-2021 Board
- Nominations for 2021-2022 Board
- Nominations from the floor
- Nominees speeches
- Questions from the floor
- Elections open
- Notice of first meeting of the 2021-2022 Board of Management
- Appreciations and Adjourn
To read our 2020 Annual report, click here.
Run for the Britannia Board
There are two ways to run for the Board of Management:
- Declare yourself a candidate in advance. Contact us by phone at 604.718.5815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Write a brief biography (150 words max.) describing who you are, and noting your community interests and relevant experience. The bio will be available on our website leading up to the AGM. You will be asked to prepare a short speech (one minute max.) to deliver at the AGM or to be prerecorded for playback at the AGM.
- Nominate yourself from the floor at the AGM. Attend the AGM on May 26, 2021 (virtually or in-person) and nominate yourself from the floor. There will be extra space on the ballots for voters to add in the names of nominations from the floor.