Britannia Events Calendar
Britannia Library Monthly Events: May
Britannia Teen Centre: May
Britannia Renewal - Upcoming Workshops, Focus Groups and Speaker Series Events
Beyond the Blue Box Recycling
What Do We Recycle and at What Cost?
* Hard & Soft Plastics and Styrofoam - (bags, bubble wrap, children’s toys, plastics wrappings and packaging, etc.) foil-lined bags, tetra paks, gable-top cartons (eg. milk and juice cartons), plant pots and Styrofoam.
By volume: Regular garbage bag $3.50
Large garbage bag $7.00
* Electronic Waste
- Servers and laptops – Free
- Wires & Cables – Free (Excluding coaxial cables $1/lb)
-Other electronics/small appliances $2.50 small/ $5 large
* Bike tires/tubes - $0.75/tube, $10 bagged (36”x48”)
* Infant/ Child Car Seats
- $12 – you dismantle it (fabric, metal, foam, plastic separated), or $20 – we dismantle it for you!
* Free – Lightbulbs & batteries of all sizes
For a more detailed and comprehensive list,
please visit the website at:
For more information on recycle depot or to volunteer:
- May 1, 2017 6:30 pm - May 1, 2017 9:00 pmLocation: Gym DBritannia will be co-hosting an All Candidates forum on Monday May 1st from 6:30-9:00pm in partnership with Britannia Library, ALIVE, Reach Health Clinic, The Kettle Friendship Society, the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre and Grandview Woodland Area Council.
The event will begin with a light community meal, followed by a World Café style dialogue.
- May 2, 2017 4:00 pm - May 2, 2017 7:00 pmLocation: 55+ Centre
- May 3, 2017 6:30 pm - May 3, 2017 8:30 pmLocation: Britannia Art GalleryExhibition runs from May 3-Jun 2, 2017
- May 4, 2017 6:30 pm - May 4, 2017 8:30 pmLocation: Carving Pavilion & AuditoriumJoin us for refreshments and discussion on Community Resilience and Indigenous Design at Britannia. #BritanniaRenewal
- May 7, 2017 1:00 pm - May 7, 2017 2:30 pmLocation: Walk begins at Info Centre
- May 7, 2017 6:00 pm - May 7, 2017 9:00 pmLocation: 55+ CentreJoin us Sunday nights for Great Movies! Come alone or bring a friend, share your thoughts and enjoy free popcorn!